Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's a Girl!

So it's been almost a month since I last updated.  Sorry!  I guess the time flies when you're having fun.  Well we have some big news.  We found out the Friday before Thanksgiving that we were having a girl!  We had the ultrasound scheduled, but did not tell any of our family because we wanted it to be a Thanksgiving surprise!  Sorry fam!  We were so excited the entire day that Friday, at least I was.  I couldn't stop thinking and wondering what it would be.  This was Austin's first ultrasound visit.  He wasn't able to be with me at my other two, so I was really excited about him seeing the ultrasound.  As expected he was "cheesing" the entire way through the visit...he couldn't stop smiling.  I know that he wanted a little boy, but I could tell that he couldn't care either way.  Austin guessed before the doctor announced the news that it was a girl, and he was right!  He was so happy...happier than I thought he'd be.  He said, "well, I guess you'll have to do the disciplining because I'm not going to know what to do with a little girl.  All I'm going to know how to do is spoil her!"  We decided that her name will be Abigail Lauren Mackens, but we will call her Abby for short.  There is no real significance in the name other than the fact that we just like it.  We did choose Lauren because it was similar to my middle name Lynn.  I guess that is the only big news to announce.  As far as myself, I'm hanging in there...getting bigger every day.  I can feel me abdomen stretching out, way past where I feel it should be.  It's amazing how the body can distort this way!  LOL.  Because of the stretching, my abdomen has been a little sore.  I've also been able to feel baby Abby move more and more frequently lately.  I have felt her move almost every day the past few days.  Some days she is more active than other.  It is hard to explain the feeling , just feels like a flutter I guess.  Those who have had babies will understand.  Those who haven't...well you will and then you will understand.  It is an amazing feeling.  I love knowing that she is alive and well in there.  

2 comments:

Deana said...

Jessica and Austin,

Congratulations! I know Abby will be a beautiful little girl (inside and out). Jessica, your Mom gave me this address and I'm so glad -- I love watching you "grow."

Love, Aunt Deana

Austin and Jessica said...

Thanks Aunt Deana! We got your baby gift in the mail and so appreciate it. I cried when I started reading the books! Thanks for always being there.